My brain is kind of dead this morning, so even though this is my deep, heartfelt post day, I don’t think I can manage that. But there is lots going on here at Making the Most, and there are so many things I’m looking forward to right now. I’m sure some of you are looking forward to the same things, so what’s better than sharing some excitement? Here’s what I’m excited about this week:
- The kids go back to school tomorrow! I know I should miss them terribly. Maybe I should even homeschool. But patience is not one of my traits, so I doubt homeschooling would work here. And although I will miss them, I am also looking forward to getting some work done! This is when the rubber hits the road, folks! I have less than four months to pound out this book and continue to grow the blog. I’ve also promised my dad I would help him out a couple days a week on the side, organizing. So…lose my patience v. work hard on the things I love? Personally, I’m looking forward to working hard when the kids go back to school.
- It’s my birthday! Maybe this should be first on my list, but I never really expect much for my birthday and it’s not an important number (29!), so it’s coming second. I think I might just make myself a cake. I like cake…
- Speaking of birthdays, here’s what Hubby and the kids got me! Since we won’t have time to celebrate on the days we have my step daughters this week, we celebrated my birthday yesterday. I wasn’t really expecting anything, but they got me a sawzall/reciprocating saw! Who would have guessed this would make me so excited? Well, I have some pallets in the back yard that I’ve been waiting to tear apart, and this is just what I needed. I can’t wait to get to work tearing those things apart and building some awesome stuff.
- Getting back into an exercise routine. Since the kids have been home, I haven’t been able to make it to the gym much. They are allowed to sit in the waiting area while I exercise in the workout area, but I’m not entirely sure I trust the 6 year old to sit still there just yet. I’d love to take a run around town, but Princess also doesn’t move very fast and complains a lot when we take walks. Now that the kids are going back to school, I can get back to the gym and strengthen all of those muscles and joints that have slowly been deteriorating over the last few months. (Believe me, I can feel it.)
- New Opportunities. In the last week or so, God has opened up a couple of doors for me to earn some income and has given us a huge opportunity with my husband’s business. I’m so looking forward to getting all of that situated. Please pray that these doors stay open so we can get into a better place financially.
How about you? What are you looking foward to this week?