I had every intention of pre-posting for this weekend, but nothing worked out the way I planned. One thing I did discover this weekend is that neither Wendy nor Cinderella has ever stayed in a hotel before! What an interesting experience. They were so excited.
Needless to say, I needed to give them the scoop. And what better subject to post on since I had to brainstorm anyway. No sense in wasting precious brain power! So here are the rules I laid out for them:
1) Never leave the room without your room key!
2) Do not order room service.
3) Don’t open the door to the adjoining room.
4) It most certainly is okay for you to open the packaged soap on the counter to wash your hands (one of the girls learned this the hard way).
5) Leave everything cleaner than or as clean as you left it. This is a rule my grandma always taught us, and I try to carry this on. I’m sure the hotel staff appreciates the courtesy.
6) Rule #5 does not mean you can keep things. You can keep the free coffee packets, the paper/plastic cups, and the toiletries, the notepad and then pen, but don’t keep the key cards or the towels. I know people who have kept one or the other.
7) Always do a sweep of the room before you leave: top to bottom, under beds and dressers, bathroom closets. Make sure you have everything–because we’re not coming back for it.
What are some of your tips for staying away from home?
These are the main ones I came up with