I am so excited for next Thursday, because one of my favorite recipes is on the menu! I posted this last year around this time, but I don’t believe you can post this recipe too many times. It is SO good! And next week I am making it especially for my sister, who will be in town and hasn’t tried it before. Not only that, I’ll also be making bread bowls to go with it, which only makes the yummy goodness even better! Now I’m making myself hungry…
This is a great recipe for a really cold day–especially if you can stay inside and cuddle up under some covers…definitely comfort food.
Oh–and you’d be glad to know that this is SO easy! Just dump everything into the crock pot and run. My favorite!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 package of cubed frozen hashbrowns (I would do the plain kind–no spices. Generic works.)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 pint half & half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it:
- Melt butter in crock pot
- Add all ingredients, except cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Cook in crock pot on high 3-4 hours.
- Add 1 cup of the cheese, as well as salt and pepper before serving.
- Use the remaining cheese as desired on top.
Let me know how it works for you!