I don’t know how the weather has been for you, but it’s been bitter here–cold, snowy, icy…you name the winter weather, we’ve got it. I’m well over it by this point, but what can you do? On Thursday, we beat the cold with some hot yummy goodness called Cheesy Potato Soup. I pinned this recipe from Lil’ Luna quite a while back, and Thursday was the second time I made this. This is one of my family’s very favorite, and I swear I could probably eat five bowls of this stuff if I weren’t trying to lose weight. They’re even better in bread bowls if you have the time to make them (delicious, by the way!), but I’ll save that recipe for another post.
I posted a picture of my Cheesy Potato Soup on my personal Facebook page and had several people asking for the recipe, so I had to help them out. Hopefully you’ll enjoy this as much as we did!
Oh–and you’d be glad to know that this is SO easy! Just dump everything into the crock pot and run. My favorite!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 package of cubed frozen hashbrowns (I would do the plain kind–no spices. Generic works.)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 pint half & half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it:
- Melt butter in crock pot
- Add all ingredients, except cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Cook in crock pot on high 3-4 hours.
- Add 1 cup of the cheese, as well as salt and pepper before serving.
- Use the remaining cheese as desired on top.
Let me know how it works for you!