On Father’s Day, I decided to make my husband’s Grandma Cora’s BBQ Chipped Ham Recipe. I know he loves it, and I’ve only made it once, so I figured I’d give it another shot to see if it came out quite as good. What I had forgotten is that this recipe is so quick and easy that it really helped to pull together a relaxing day. So without further ado:
Here’s what you need for the sauce:
- 2 c. ketchup
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 pinch nutmeg
You will also need: 2 lbs chipped ham (your deli should know what chipped ham is, but in case they don’t–because that has happened to me before–it’s the thinnest slice they can possibly give you)
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a pot, and cook on medium-high for 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, shred the ham into small pieces, and add to the pot.
- Stir until all ham is coated with the sauce.
- Place the sauce in the oven to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve on a roll with salad (macaroni salad, cole slaw, etc.) on the side or with chips.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Please let us know how yours turned out!