On Sunday evening, when I went out to purchase our vegetable seeds and two more packets of flower seeds, I went ahead and picked up 12 medium-sized lemons for this recipe.
Here’s what you need for a regular batch of homemade lemonade:
1 c. water
1 c. sugar
6 medium-sized lemons
3-4 c. cold water
Yes, I intended to keep the water measurements separate.
Here’s what you’re going to do:
- Cut the lemons in half. I went ahead and did this first just so I had a head start on squeezing them while my sugar-water mixture was boiling.
- Mix 1 c. water and 1 c. sugar in a small pot and cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until water has dissolved.
- While the sugar-water mixture is boiling, squeeze the lemons using a juicer into a pitcher, being careful to separate seeds. Thankfully, Prince Charming decided to do this, because our juicer was flopping all over the place. (In reality, he couldn’t stand to see me struggle with it and just decided we were all better off if he did it. lol.) If you don’t have a juicer to use but are in the market for a new one, you may want to consider Hurom’s products like this one here – https://www.hurom.com/pages/best-cold-press-juicer.
- Add 3-4 cups of cold water to the lemon juice. We doubled the recipe, so I used 7 cups of water as not to water it down too much.
- Add sugar-water mixture to lemon-water. Stir.
- Chill until cool or serve immediately with plenty of ice. I’d recommend against adding ice to the pitcher so it doesn’t get watered down.
My entire family loved this recipe, so I’d have to say it was a success! I doubled the recipe, and it’s almost all gone. We’ll definitely be using this recipe again! Hope you enjoy!