Well it’s been quite a while since I gave an update on the book. There has been at least one of you who has frequently asked me how it’s coming along, and the group of individuals on my prayer team could use an update as well. So I figured I’d share openly.
To tell the truth, I’ve been trying to avoid working on the book. Whenever I sit down to write, I get so picky about what I’ve already written that sometimes it’s difficult just to write something new. That fear thing, though. But because I know that this is what God wants me to do, I’ve been attempting to push through anyway. I spent a couple of hours yesterday just writing and editing, and I hope to do some more today.
In the meantime, I’ve been trying to collect a lot of research. The problem with research is that there’s so much out there, and when it all piles up it’s difficult to sort through. Here are some (not all!) of the resources I’ll be using in my book:
- The Circle Maker (Enhanced Edition): Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears by Mark Batterson
- A Confident Heart: How to Stop Doubting Yourself and Live in the Security of God’s Promises by Renee Swope
- “Courage Begets Courage” by Crystal Stine via (in)courage
- “Facing Fear and Finding Freedom” by Joyce Meyer via her website, http://www.joycemeyer.org
- Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado
Let’s All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have by Annie F. Downs
“Overcome the Fear in Your Life Today“ by Joyce Meyer via The Christian Post
- Reset: A 30 Day Devotional to Renew, Refresh, and Restart Your Life in Christ by Jenny Lee Sulpizio
Restless: Because You Were Made for More by Jenny Allen
- What Are You Afraid Of?: Facing Down Your Fears with Faith by David Jeremiah
Right now I am in the midst of about five chapters. I say that because each of them will need more research notes added, and some need anecdotes. I have about four more books to read, and then I think I’ll be well on my way to finishing the book. Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I sort through the research (for focus!) and continue to grow the book (for wisdom).
Thanks to those who have continually pray for me and this book and to those who continue to share my blog posts. Your support is what keeps me going!
Well, enough about me. What are you working on this week?