As I was working for my dad yesterday morning, he broke the news to me that Pope XVI will be resigning at the end of the month. I was shocked to hear this, not surprised to discover later that there has not been a pope to resign in nearly 600 years.
Now to understand these next statements, you have to understand that my dad is very interested in the rapture, Armageddon, the end times, whatever you want to call it. He is constantly listening to preachers who speak on Revelations and the end of days. After announcing to me that the pope is resigning, he went on to talk to me about the Prophesies of Malachy (you can find more information here).
I have to say that I was a little freaked out. I believe in the apocalypse, Armageddon, whatever you want to call it. And there have been many times that I wanted just to go “Home,” but I don’t know if I want this to happen during my lifetime (not like I have a choice). My dad says I should be joyful, but I have fears about what is to come. But regardless of what will happen now or in 1,000 years, we never really know which day will be our last.
As morbid as it sounds, we all know that we could be hit by the proverbial bus (as my former co-worker would have said), or, like my uncle, be here one day and gone the next.
So it got me thinking…when do I carry out my bucket list? Do I do it now–just in case? Or do I wait until I “have the time” or “have the money”, only to risk never being able to do it at all. In either case, I thought I’d post my bucket list. Then it’s out there. Everyone knows about it. Maybe I’ll be held accountable for carrying it out someday.
- Visit Rome, Italy
- Visit the Great Pyramids in Egypt
- Visit Capadoccia (I know this sounds really random, but I have this vivid image of a poster in my 9th grade World Cultures class that has made me want to visit the place ever since. Truth is, I don’t even know where in Capadoccia the picture was taken.)
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Visit Mount Rushmore
- Watch the Summer Olympics in person
- Read all of the classic novels (the question here is “What is considered a classic”?)
- Build my dream home. I have always had a passion for real estate. Just the other day I found myself browsing property websites like this one: https://essexhomes.net/. Maybe one day my dream home will become a reality
- Take my kids to Disney World
- Write and publish a book
- Make a difference in one person’s life
Honestly, I thought I had more.on my list, but this is all I could come up with today.
What is on your bucket list? (Please share–I’d really appreciate the comments!)